Monday

UK BLOG AWARDS 2014

I've never entered a competition before, partly because I've never found the time to fill out all the forms, but mostly because I've never wanted to be judged. I write 'The #event professional' as a personal career memoir and having someone criticize my progress is a little daunting. Having said this, during a drab Sunday afternoon in November on a whim I found myself entering myself into the 'UK blog awards'. 

I have never come across the 'UK blog awards' before, but I especially liked that they had a category for the event's industry. I read a lot of blogs (mostly lifestyle/travel/beauty) but surprisingly, considering my love of all things events, I don't tend to read any industry related blogs, mostly because I haven't ever really clicked with any of the 'bloggers', I always tend to feel industry blogs are written by a company rather than expressing the passion of an individual. 

I entered myself into the event's category for individual bloggers (there is also a category for the aforementioned organisation blogs) and if I'm honest completely forgot about the process by Monday morning as I immersed myself into our busiest December yet. Fast forward three months upon my daily 6am bleary-eyed scroll though emails I came across an email from Gemma at the UKBA informing me that I have been made a FINALIST! completely shocked and very excited it was just the news I needed to put a little bounce in my step. 

There are eight other blogs in my category, which I have really enjoyed browsing (some have even made my personal blog roll) we won't find out where we have been placed until the awards ceremony that is being held at the Grange St Paul's on the 25th of April but I have everything crossed for a high placing.

Wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment