Sunday

Everything happens for a reason...

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, so whilst mooching around on the internet during a mid December lunch break I stumbled upon Kalm Kitchen’s Pinterest page. One thing lead to another and before I knew it I was totally engrossed in everyone if their blog posts. After many oooh’s and arrrrr’s it was time to move onto the next tab... “Job opportunities”, I wasn't really in the market for a new job, but the temptation to work for such a creative inspiring company (who’s office is in a converted pig shed in the middle of the Surrey Hills) was just to much temptation to not investigate.

Shortly after applying I was invited to an initial interview. After a number of conflicting dates we soon settled for an 8.30 meeting on a Saturday!!! - bright eyed a bushy tailed I arrived in the countryside just after 8.00 and made my way into the most beautiful office. After an hour long chat (mostly about home interiors and renovations) I emerged back out into the fresh misty air and was completely smitten.

Everything about this role was different to what I had experienced so far in my career.
-I was an Event Coordinator - this role was for an Event Manager
-I worked in fast paced London- Kalm Kitchen was set in the countryside of Surrey
-I was an employee for a large company- Kalm Kitchen is a small family run business
-I was used to working with large corporate clients - Kalm Kitchen’s clients are predominately blushing brides

The entire transition would be a complete change from the norm, but I couldn't have been more excited.

After a second interview the following weekend, I departed with my fingers and toes crossed. Referring back to my ‘everything happens for a reason’ motto, Kalm Kitchen seemed to be the right company at the right time and it suddenly seemed the perfect time to take the next step in my career.

After what I thought would be a long wait over the weekend, I was surprised to receive the phone call I had been waiting for during a mid morning Sunday dash around the supermarket. I quickly abandoned my trolley and made a hasty retreat for a quiet spot. Then minutes later I emerged from the baking aisle wearing a massive grin on my face and a spring in my step. I GOT THE JOB! 

I have just finished my third week at Kalm Kitchen and the decision to leave the bright lights of the city for beautiful weddings in the country was certainly the right one.

I very much look forward to attending our clients events and can’t wait for wedding season to begin!


Photo thanks to Stephanie Wolff Photography
Photo thanks to Stephanie Wolff Photography
Find out more about Kalm Kitchen via our various social media platforms and website:
-Website- Link!
-Blog - Link!
-Facebook- Link!
-Twitter-Link!
-Pinterest- Link!

Photo thanks to Christy Blanch Photography
Photo thanks to Via photography

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more, i also believe in the fact that everything happens for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a nice article about Event Planning .

    ReplyDelete