Tuesday

Mr & Mrs Hird

On the 4th May 2013 41 Portland Place played host to its first ever wedding and guess what???

It was mine!


Yes I know what you’re thinking, who gets married in their workplace? (and at times I did question mixing work with pleasure) However I soon came to the conclusion that every other venue I looked at just wouldn't match up to the exclusive town house in the heart of Marylebone I spend so much of my time in.


If I’m honest the prospect of having so much flexibility with the planning of every aspect of my wedding was a deal-maker. I’m a control freak and being an events coordinator myself I just don’t think I could have possibly handed this over to anyone else.


From my addiction to Pinterest I already had the majority of my big day planned out on virtual mood boards so all that was left to do was bring my vision to life.

The centre to my wedding décor was the floral table runners which Thierry from The Art of Floristry (our preferred florist at 41PP) beautifully created for me.
Other nic nack’s included a wisdom tree where guests could leave their wise words for a long and successful marriage, and information on our own hashtag (#mrandmrshird) on instagram.

Guests were greeted with a chilled Mojito and an old fashioned sweet stall where they could fill their green and white candy striped paper bags, before making their way out to the sunny Marylebone Terrace. Steve and I were soon whisked away for photographs in Regents Park and upon our return the guests were happily gorging on Harbour & Jones canapés and sipping on frosty Coronas.


At 4pm guests were shown to their seats and the speeches began- this was my favourite part of the day – it was so lovely to hear my loved ones recall memories and pass on their well wishes. By the time the last toast was made our guests were ready to eat. To start there was a choice of garlic infused Portobello mushrooms with crispy Parmesan or Haddock fishcakes with honey and lime dipping sauce. For mains we had a trio of gourmet sausages, creamy mash and parsnip crisps. Then finishing up there was the option of rhubarb three ways or a trio of Eton mess. How very British of us!


Post dinner the wedding party could finally relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings and great company.

Come 7pm we kicked off the party with our first dance to ‘let’s get it on’ by Marvin Gaye and cut the cake hand crafted by my wonderful Mum.


They say your wedding day should be the best day of your life and I can safely say it lived up to all my expectations. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment